How to remove the excavator final drive/track motor
- Unbolt the sprockets and remove the track.
- It is considerably simpler to remove the final drive if the sprocket nuts are loosened first.
- Remove the cover plate from the track motor within the undercarriage frame.
- Release the final drive and bear the load: Final drives might be quite hefty.
- Mark the hydraulic hoses in order to identify them afterwards.
- Remove the hoses and cap them, then plug the track motor's ports. To avoid contamination of the hydraulic system, it is crucial that all hydraulic hoses and ports be properly sealed.
- Remove the bolts from within the track frame that secure the final drive to the frame.
- Drive out the last gear.
Do not strike the travel motor in an effort to loosen the final drive from the track frame if it is seized. It will cause engine damage. Remove the final drive from the outside of the frame of the track.
Changing the final drive
The installation of a new final drive is the inverse of its removal, however great care must be taken while connecting the pipes, as improper connection might result in an abrupt breakdown of the trip motor.
When tightening nuts, see the Bolt Torque Settings page.
Hydraulic pipe connectors
Refer to Travel Port Motor Identification to find the correct connections for your vehicle.
ATTENTION Case leakage. All hydraulic motors with pistons leak oil from the barrel and piston assembly (often referred to as the rotating group assembly) into the motor casing. This intentional leaking lubricates the piston slippers and swash plate (or thrust plate) as well as the valve plate (or lens plate) and cylinder block contact. A leak-off pipe (or drain line) travels from the track motor to the hydraulic tank in order for the oil that spills into the motor casing to return to the tank under little pressure. If the leak-off line is not attached, gets obstructed, or is pressurised, oil pressure will build up in the motor casing, causing catastrophic damage to the travel motor and often the final drive gearbox. It is essential, then, to verify that the leak-off line is properly connected, unobstructed, and devoid of substantial back pressure.